Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Beginnings

The last 2 months have been crappy. The company that I loved working for went out business, and I became a stay-at-home-mom. I do NOT like my new job. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but they are out of control.

My children find very creative ways to destroy my house and my sanity. Becky has taken to refusing to potty on the toilet. She was crawling under her bed to pee there, until we pulled out the carpet and got a different bed. (I have an appointment with a child psychologist about this one tomorrow...) Eli wants to do whatever Becky is doing - including pouring their own Koolaid (all over the floor), making cookies (by emptying the flour cannister in the floor), eating Jello (off the couch cushions). Where am I when they "adventure" you ask? Usually I'm in the next room, cleaning up a different mess. If Guiness had a record for fastest mess making, my kids would win, hands down. I'm losing my mind.

But there is hope: I interviewed for a new job a couple of days ago, and I'll have a second one next week. I REALLY want this job. Its almost exactly what I did at my last job, with more responsibility, more authority, and more pay. The office will be about 40 minutes away, which is a bummer, but I can totally deal with that. Did I mention that I REALLY want this job? I feel very positive about my chances, too. I'll be stunned if I don't get the job.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment