Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Unemployed...again. Sigh.

As it turns out, the office that consumed my life for the last 8 months or so, has closed. And I have been sent home with the kids to look for a new job and clean the house and be a housewife - which is no where near the career path that I had chosen for myself.

Unlike last year, I am a little better prepared. I realize that I can't hole up in the house and never leave. I realize that I can't sleep the days away. The kids are older now, and no longer wetting themselves every 10 minutes, so I feel a bit better about taking them places. Places we haven't gone yet - movies, museums, parks.

Becky will start kindergarten this fall. I have very little time left to do some really cool stuff with the kids, and this is the summer that its going to happen. My plan is to not get too hung up on finding A Job. This time I want to find The Right Job. And that may take a little time. I'm going to use that time wisely.

The kids want to go to the library. I think we'll get cleaned up and go today. Or maybe I will surprise them and we'll go to the Krohn Conservatory instead. I think they would really love that, and maybe I can find out if its too late to plant tulips for this spring while I'm there. Maybe we can do both today. It will be way more fun than sitting around on the computer all day or watching TV until our eyes fall out.

Its still early. The possibilities are endless.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment